Friday, February 26, 2016

From the West

Dave emailed:
Dear Brother Jock

I wish you well on your 85th Birthday tomorrow.  Did you ever think that you would be so old...me neither? Anyway 85 is just a number.

You folks have been having an up and down Winter out East. For us, it has been again a very mild Winter...no snow where I live, but; Richard who lives higher up at Shawnigan  Lake had snow but very little. The Japanese cherry trees are now in bloom but the daffodils are mostly gone now. The early Rhododendrons in Beacon Hill Park are now in bloom.

I’m telling you all this just to keep informed. I love Spring but when I leave on March 18th for Australia, I’ll land there for their Autumn. Anyway the trip back by cruise ship to Victoria, I’ll experience Autumn on leaving Sydney, Summer in Hawaii and Spring in Victoria.

There is  a crew of four workmen here at my house to day installing a heat pump. I wanted to install one a few years back but the neighbour next door was against it. You see, I live in a gated community and we have rules that our neighbours must agree if we change anything on our lot. Anyway, I now have new neighbours who are all for me installing a low voltage starting heat pump which has a sound of 54 decibels. Good neighbours!

Again, Happy Birthday,

Love, Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment